Sorry, nothing found.
Location: Maribel, WI | area: 1,700 SF (future 1,000 SF in basement-roughed-in)
A. This was the first home ever, in the “ Brown County Parade of Homes” that showcased a Green Built Certified home design.The home’s overlapping geometry responds to site topography, its vegetation, solar orientation, and panoramic views of the rural landscape.
- This home design infuses many “Small Home” design concepts to make interior spaces feel larger:
- Flexible space functions and open plan.
- Rotating walls, mobile furniture, casework, and built-ins
- Design solutions that solve more than one problem
- Special details that let space and materials in the home flow from space to space, creating an illusion of more space with less clutter.
- Corner windows bring Nature into the spaces and expand the sense of space.
- Green Features: Passive Solar design, natural Cross Ventilation design, Geothermal radiant heat, Heat recovery ventilator, Spray-foam insulation, Bamboo flooring, stone tile, Low-E Argon filled glass, thin Stone veneer, Water saving plumbing fixtures, Low VOC paints and water based wood stain finishes, Standing Seam metal roof, no can lighting in insulated roof areas, central fireplace and ceiling fans.